Barbeque & Grill Recipes for Other Main Dishes
Great Main Dish BBQ Grill Recipes
Grilling, or grill cooking, is probably the most popular form of outdoor cooking in the United States and the world today. It is a quick way to cook without making a huge mess inside. And it is a healthy way to cook that just about everybody loves.
One of the things that makes grilling and grill recipes so appealing for the cook is how simple the process is.
Grilling is a cooking process where the act of cooking itself adds most of the flavor to the meat. It sears or locks in the delicious natural flavors of meat, making it almost a foolproof way to cook.
Texas Barbeque Spare Ribs
This is one of those grill recipes where the bulk of the meat is tenderized and cooked in an oven on low heat before it ever sees the grill or pit. Then it is finished with a smoke infusion on the grill.
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 1/2 cups regular sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons pan drippings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups ketchup
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup wood chips, soaked
1. Clean the ribs by trimming away any excess fat. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, 1/4 cup salt, ground black pepper, paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Coat ribs all over with spice mix(You can use your favorite rub mix instead if you have one). Place the ribs in two large roasting pans, piling two racks of ribs per pan. Cover, and refrigerate for 8 or more hours.
2. Bake ribs uncovered in a 275 degree oven for 3 to 4 hours, or until the ribs are tender and almost fall apart.
3. Remove about 1/4 cup of drippings from the bottom of the roasting pans, and place in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion in pan drippings until lightly browned and tender. Stir in ketchup, and heat for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly. Next, mix in water and brown sugar, and season to taste with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, adding water as necessary until sauce is to a nice thickness.
4. Preheat grill for medium-low heat.
5. When ready to grill, add soaked wood chips to the coals or to the smoker box of a gas grill. Lightly oil grill grate. Place ribs on the grill two racks at a time so they are not crowded. Cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste ribs with sauce during only the last 10 minutes of grilling, to prevent the sauce from burning.
6. Take ribs off the grill, and let rest for at least 10 minutes. Serve em up and pass out plenty of napkins.
Pick out some more barbecue grill recipes for other varieties of meats and main dishes from the large selection below.
Grilled Hamburgers Done Right
- Great Recipe for Grilling the Perfect Steak
Competition Ribs Recipe for Professional Cooking and Eating
Party Animals - Get Your Barbeque Chicken Wings
How does a nice Grilled Filet Mignon sound about now?
Texas Sausage is a Staple of the Texas Grill
More Grill Recipes - Perfect Grilled Chicken
Easiest & Best Prime Rib Recipe on the Planet
Learn How to Grill a London Broil to Perfection
Get Your Bbq Ribs Recipes Here
Grilled Fajitas for a Tex-Mex Feast
Delicious and Healthy Grilled Fish Recipes
Try Some of These Grilled Shrimp Recipes
A Nice Variety of Great BBQ Grill Appetizer Recipes
Nice Hawaiian Style Barbeque and Grill Recipes and Info
Make Grilled Panini Sandwiches Right on your Outdoor Grill
Oh-So Easy Grilled Pizza Recipe